Sunday, December 2, 2007

without Hope no Love

This entry is made for my friend. Actually, I pretty much push this out of him (Haha). He gave something to me to look at and comment, but I kind of into it, so I asked if I could do it for him. (BTW, mostly force him to say yes).

And here it is:


So ok. That's it: without Hope no Love. I'm not really sure what and how actually my client will depict this piece.
Actually what I think he wanted is that something to describe the loneliness together with Hope and Love.
At first he showed me his work on this. And then I captured what I really understood in this. And then asked my friend again if it what he wanted.
Then I showed him the progress of my work.
It took me 1hour finishing this piece. Make a lot of version. Now I understand that it's so hard to please a client. :D (I have 4 versions of this)

He actually really like it. :))
I think lonely is something deep, dark and black, empty. So I using photoshop to make the background (wall style looks :D). I want a hard surface, texture to emphasize the feeling. And then blending with a cloud layer.

The client likes it. So I finished the piece in Illustrator. Because playing with stuff like fonts, typography, Illustrator is the best (at least for me). I chose a San-Serif and a Script font, with a lot of contrast. (The script font is: A Lolita Scorn).

Then I alter the size of it to get the final product. Lonely is when Hope and Love falling down, without Hope there will be no Love.

The final product satisfied both me and my client.


That night my friend suggested to put some snow in to emphasize the emptiness, mixing with the coldness. I don't really like that idea, but I think my job is trying to satisfy a wide range of certain target people, so I try it out.

This is how it turned out.


Personally prefer the other one, but I also like this. :)). (hours of hard work)
I have to manually put each snow flower in. @_@. "Fun" job.

I feel that, Hope will falling like the sky with a lot snow, support the Love (snow flower making the base of the "Love").

---> sometime, when loneliness is all over, dark and empty, a little bit of white snow will bring some happiness to your hollow darkness.


Many people like this version but, others people like the first one. So I realize that make all of them happy is a very difficult job. :))

No comments: